Friday, January 21, 2011

2nd Attempt - Aloo Gobi


So, today I tried making Aloo Gobi again since I have some time to spare this weekend and I still have some potatoes in the fridge. So, after work, I drove myself to 1 Utama, sent my car for a bath and went groceries shopping, more like Aloo Gobi shopping. Bought a huge China Cauliflower from Jusco for only RM3 and more potatoes. And I took a stroll along the spice rack. I noticed they had Garam Masala but actually my dear friend Ashwini had told me earlier that I could get it from Tesco or any Indian shops. But maybe its because of my luck, I found it FINALLY! And of course I bought it. Here's a picture of what turned up. Its pretty dry don't you think? I think I should have a little more gravy in it but hey, thumbs up! I'm almost there! Just need to adjust a little with the water quantity. But seriously, I took a bite and I was in heaven. This dish is awesome! Maybe I should call it Fried Cauliflower & Potatoes in lots of Indian spices. Hehehe...I shall not write down the recipe as its pretty much similar to the one yesterday except for I added Cumin Seeds (Jintan Putih) and replaced Masala Mix with Garam Masala. I'm planning to try again tomorrow so I guess its a week filled with cauliflower and potatoes for my diet.


No comments:

Post a Comment